Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
(05-07-2019, 10:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Winston and Mariota are still on rookie deals, so you don't hear a lot of teams looking to move on unless they get a Johnny Fartball kinda player.  Mariotta and Winston have both been cited as guys their franchises could pass on locking down, though.  

For Cutler, other than being a sourpuss of a guy, the big reason he disappointed was because he was in a high profile rivalry with the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.  Cutler was 2-11 against the Packers, which can be compared to Dalton vs the Steelers.  Yes, there is more that goes into a team vs team matchup, but it's not hard to see why people who don't watch the Bengals and their primary team can be so dismissive of Dalton.

I do see what you mean about spreading those Dalton playoff berths/losses across 8 years rather than the first 5, but still that's just moving stuff around.  I have a buddy who is a Bill fan, maybe I'll ask if he would have felt better if the Bills spread those 4 lost SB's over the span of 10+ years, ha.

At any rate, I don't have anything against Dalton, and I do think he's overly bashed by outsiders.  With that being said, I find some of our defenses of the guy to be a little odd, too.  We are so high on the genius of ZT at the moment, that if 2019 doesn't go very well on offense I could see the fanbase throwing Dalton under the bus first, though.

I think so too. And would understand. That's why it's a big year for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I told you once, I told you twice... - jj22 - 05-07-2019, 10:30 PM