Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
In the Marvin Lewis era — now the Zac Taylor era — Cincinnati has had two fantastic quarterbacks in Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton. Carson was elite, especially early on, and I believe Andy will reach elite status later in his career. I won’t compare these two players because they have two completely different skill sets, but both of their skill sets fit the offensive schemes at the time they played.

I can’t blame either Carson or Andy individually for playoff losses. You win as a team and you lose as a team. That’s on the coaches.

Since this thread is about Andy Dalton, I want to share my thoughts. I’m a fan. I’m a fan of his intellect, I’m impressed with the way he audibles into better plays when the defense shows him something, and I admire his toughness. Other than the thumb injures Andy has been among the most durable quarterbacks in the league. He’s in good shape and he’s tough — and he has arm strength in the Red Zone where it counts.

Put the right weapons around Andy and he’s dangerous. In 2015 he was in the MVP conversation and I suspect this will happen again in the near future. He’s not flashy or anything but he gets the job done. Even when the offensive line failed to protect him, Andy found ways of calling shorter routes and got the ball out faster and faster.

Finally, Zac Taylor believes in Andy Dalton. That’s good enough for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I told you once, I told you twice... - Fan_in_Kettering - 05-07-2019, 11:22 PM