Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
(05-08-2019, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It'll be strange at first, watching a Bengals team that doesn't take it's foot off the gas after a couple quick scores.  We haven't experienced that since Coach Wyche was in charge.

Hold that thought....

https://www.bengals.com/news/in-the-situation-room

Quote:“Do you kick or go for it on fourth down?” Simmons asks. “It can be based on how your offense is playing, how your defense is playing. In addition to how your opponent is playing. Maybe the opponent had a good first half, then we made half-time adjustments and we shut them down. Now maybe we kick that field goal because we’re not in a shootout. Analytics has become a big part, but there’s also a feel to it.”

Simmons was in charge of game time decision and is working with Pitcher who is a hold over is taking over now per ZT's request.

If you can ignore the idea of their half time adjustments (during Marvin era) "shutting teams down". This train of thought may not change much. Unfortunately. The offense should in my opinion always operate as if they are in a shootout. Damn Analytics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I told you once, I told you twice... - jj22 - 05-09-2019, 03:23 PM