Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Adam Schein Andy has career year!
(05-12-2019, 04:19 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Did anybody else jump on Del Rio and hire him? No? There's probably a reason for that. When you hire a head coach, you let him put his staff together, you don't tie his hands from the get go by putting him together with people that he evidently doesn't see eye to eye with (ie, Del Rio).

Pollack's probably the most overrated person on a Bengals sideline since AJ McCarron. I'm sure he's a good coach, but people talk about him like he's Vince Lombardi. They gave him two new OL starters last year and the results were only slightly better than the year before. I think we'll be just fine without him.

As for Callahan, if a guy like Jon Gruden sees enough in him to put him on his staff that holds weight with me. No problems with that hire at all.

The vast majority of the fanbase wasn't coming back for anything they did in the offseason, be it coaching hires or free agency signing. Period. The only thing that will get people back on board is winning, and throwing a stupid contract at some player in a market that was mostly out of wack or hiring a coach ZT didn't want wasn't going to change that.

It's funny you point out how no other teams were interested in Del Rio as evidence that he wouldn't be a good hire. Despite the fact that teams have actually hired him as HC and he's been a DC in the NFL before.

Were ANY other teams interested in Lou A as their DC? Were ANY teams interested in Jim Turner as their line coach in the NFL?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Adam Schein Andy has career year! - THE PISTONS - 05-12-2019, 05:21 PM