Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of improvements can we expect in player development from coaching?
(05-09-2019, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BB wins because he is smarter than other coaches not because he benches players more often or yells louder.  Players have more confidence playing under BB because BB is smarter, not because he "pushes their buttons" better

Yes, Belichik is usually smarter, but he also pushes buttons, and does so purposely as a form of motivation. One example is berating players in the film room and making them watch their mistakes over and over.

"The idea is to take it personally," Bruschi said. "Bill wants you to do that. You get angry, and you get embarrassed. But then you get to the point where you want to fix it, and fix it badly."

"But I've got to tell you, it works," he said. "I made a mistake, and it was pointed out so many times I never made it again."

'Belichick's current and former players and coaches say his vicious film critiques have been part of his motivational arsenal for as long as they can remember.'
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What type of improvements can we expect in player development from coaching? - Bengalholic - 05-09-2019, 03:08 PM