Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish themselves
(05-09-2019, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The team made the playoffs because of good coaching and despite the front office.

Show me how we had a "great roster".  List the Pro Bowl players.  List the All Pro players.  List players on the yearly NFL Top 100 list.  Compare them to the best teams in the league.  No matter what measure you use you can not show that we had an elite roster that was held back by coaching.  Instead you will see a roster in the 8th-12th range.  2015 is the only year we had the talent to make a Championship run, but we lost our starting QB.  In most of the playoff games Marvin lost the Bengals were the underdog.  In 2009 and 2011 we were ranked as one of the worst teams in the league talent wise, but still made the playoffs.

In fact most of the reason you list for Marvin being a bad coach are so vague and meaningless that you can not even define them.  For example you can not list a single game the Bengals lost because they played "not to lose" instead of "playing to win".  Same with "holding players accountable".  When Marvin held Ross accountable you criticized him for it.  And please tell me what game the Bengals lost by "playing scared".  

I agreed that Marvin had to go after the 2016 season, but it is absurd to claim that the front office was doing a great job and Marvin was holding them back.  

How did they have less talent in 2013 than they did in 2015?

If Marvin Lewis had to go after 2016, then he and the front office were both holding this team back... No?

I
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish... - jason - 05-09-2019, 07:05 PM