Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish themselves
(05-12-2019, 11:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Spot on. Just the fact that Marvin kept his job for so long shows you how high (or low) this FO's standards are.

When you factor in post-season, I'm not so sure we were even average. 

Also, it's kinda silly to compare a sports franchise to a normal business. McDonald's doesn't get shared revenue with Burger King and get to pick the top cooks in the Restaurant Draft when they have a poor year. In a league designed for parity, the Bengals not having any playoff wins in almost 3 decades is a good indicator that they're doing something wrong, and fans/customers are smart enough to pick up on that. Hence poor ticket sales even with "affordable" tickets.

They've struggled to sell out games despite having one of the league's smallest stadiums.

I think I looked at the numbers a while back and our record was something like the 14-16th best from 2010 to present. That's average. Yes - the absolute peak of our franchise's success was average.

From 2000 to 2010 we were something like 24th.

From 1990 to 2000 we had something like the worst record.

Just going off of memory here.

But, to call the franchise's performance 'Average' is very generous and requires a look at the absolute best 10 year span in it's history.

Any way you slice and dice the numbers, in 50 years this franchise has won 5 playoff games. That's not good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish... - THE PISTONS - 05-12-2019, 03:35 PM