Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish themselves
(05-12-2019, 05:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: But he is greedy.  Mellow

Seriously, we have the smallest FO/scouting department in the league, we borrow a practice facility from a local college, bused over to a soccer complex for years (which is pathetic and sad), we've had legendary tales of renting out TV's and not buying towels in the past. The guy is a miser. Maybe not with his own players, but I often wonder if the reason we promote "build exclusively through the draft" is because he's able to indoctrinate these young guys into taking these contracts that are skimpy on guaranteed money. 

Good free agents will mostly balk at the idea of taking less guaranteed, but with our own free agents, they have to consider uprooting their families, learning new coaches, playbooks, teammates, etc. Not saying I'm 100% sure on this, but it's a theory of mine that would tie together our love of the draft, compensatory picks and signing our own, as well as our loathing of (quality) free agents.

Agreed. This is kind of a funny debate. The Pro Mike Brown/Bengals side's argument is basically that "Mike Brown lacks football smarts and the Bengals have had average success."

How many other fanbases are on a message board touting success for their franchise by stating that a Head Coach was a success despite going 0-7 in the playoffs because his overall record was right around .500!?!?  Hilarious

How many other fanbases would be like "Our owner isn't greedy! He just is bad at managing a football team!"  Hilarious

It's laughable how low the expectations are for this franchise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish... - THE PISTONS - 05-12-2019, 05:40 PM