Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish themselves
(05-13-2019, 11:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The point is that the Bengals haven't had an off-season of that caliber since 2003. Yes most of those were Bengal-esque signings, but we usually only make 1-2 of those a year, if that. Lets be honest, if we signed Whitworth (pro-bowl tackle), Barwin (5 sacks in 2016), Sullivan (quality center) and Woods (who was more productive in his first 4 years than either Sanu or Marvin Jones), we'd be showering our FO with praise.

Throwing money at a bunch of 30 something FA's isn't the way you build a consistent winner.  I understand why the Rams did it to an extent, as they had to take a big swing to try and solidify a fan base in a tough LA market.  Most people would freak if we signed any 35 year old T not named Andrew Whitworth to what he got.  Honestly, if we had resigned Whit for what he got most would have freaked and rehashed the Zeitler should've signed him to an extension the year before argument.  Sullivan is worse than guys like Miller and Hart and would be seen as a band aid because the Bengals don't value interior OL and don't want to spend a premium pick on a C.  Barwin might get a bit of the benefit of the doubt due to where he played college ball.  Woods is probably the only one that would be widely seen as a good signing at the time of signing.  

My personal feeling is that we aren't going to know what our FA's or the carryover roster from last year are going to look like due to the massive coaching overhaul.  I'll start grading FA signings when I actually see them play.  Certainly, it's not an exciting group and I personally hoped for some different moves, but none of us really knows how many of them will turn out.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish... - Whatever - 05-14-2019, 12:35 AM