Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-16-2019, 12:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am glad you are excited. But, can we all agree to move on from the daily ML bashing. ML is gone. If he was as bad as many of you believe, then Zac should be able easily to do as ML did in year one. ML improved 6 games from 2 wins to 6 so Zac should easily do 4 and if as good as ML 6 game improvement.

I agree it was time for a change, but the ML daily hatred and interjection into all of these threads is getting very old very fast. Let's root for Zac to get us back to the playoffs year one in a AFCN that is not that strong on paper right now.

We just have to realize that right now the new coaches can do no wrong and we are going to spin everything into an exciting positive.  If this article said that Lou wasn't telling players they have to constantly work hard we would be saying how awesome it is that he is confident and secure in his position and his scheme that he isn't resorting to yelling out simple motivational crap at professional athletes.

I don't think it's so much hatred for Marvin Lewis, as much as we are just dying to believe that he was so very much responsible for why things haven't been great in Cincy for a while.  

(05-16-2019, 12:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: True. None of us in daily life should be told, but we have to be reminded by ourselves and/or management from time to time. In players cases, I can see where they could easily let up when they don't believe in the leadership. Can you imaging year after year trying to stay focused on a coaching gameplan that just didn't work, or staying focused in your personal life working for a company where discipline was absent and leadership was like watching the three stooges in a haunted house day after day? 

I'm not sure if you are saying this to criticize Marvin for not holding his players accountable, or to defend Marvin for naturally getting burned-out working for Mike Brown, or a bit of both.  My biggest concern with the new coaches is that they could be beaten into submission by the Mike Brown way rather quickly, but time will tell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Nately120 - 05-16-2019, 12:40 PM