Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-16-2019, 03:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: Geez Fred. Marvin Lewis wasn't a God among coaches. He had (glaring) holes in his coaching game, obviously, given his dismal record in "important games". 

Had they said anything in the middle of the season, they would have been damned for that (see Mixon, Joe) 
Now, if you think what happens in the locker room/ practice field should stay there, even across coaching regimes, I can see that. Marvin was a good coach, perhaps not deserving of the level of venom directed at him by me and others at times (yes I'll own it), but his regime IS open to plenty of criticism nonetheless.

Of course Marvin was not a great coach.  The thing with me is that I think coaching GROWN MEN is more about being smarter than other coaches instead of pitching screaming fits or cheerleading.

There have been great coaches who had very calm demeanors, and there have been coaches with tons of "fire" who sucked.  I don't care how much "fresh, new excitement" Taylor brings.  It won't make a bit of difference if he can't analyze schemes and players to get an advantage over opposing teams.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - fredtoast - 05-17-2019, 12:47 PM