Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-18-2019, 10:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I simply can't find the logic that our defense chose to be historically bad last year as comforting as others, but hey...do it for Lou, I guess.

We want to our culture to be one that holds players accountable, but it is a lot easier to just blame everything on Marvin.  Ok time to hold players accountable starting.......now!

Where did i say that they chose to be historically bad?

All i am saying is there were times last year when the team didn't look properly motivated and looked complacent.

Replacing Marv with a young energetic HC should help.

(05-18-2019, 11:40 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I don't think they chose to be historically bad, I think a lot of them showed up thinking they could go through the motions and be fine and they were able to get away with it. They were obviously wrong.

I think it's human nature to become complacent after years and years of the same working relationship. Most people who've been at the same job with the same managers for years will settle into a routine, and we rarely keep up the "I need to really impress my peers" attitude you might have when you first start working somewhere or for someone.

I don't think Marvin's a bad coach or anything, I just think sometimes you need a change and it really looked like these guys were in that boat to me.

Exactly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-18-2019, 06:53 PM