Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-20-2019, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I can't understand all the fans that don't place any blame on the players.

I have news for you.  If our defensive players really were just half-assing it last year and non of them spoke up about it a new coach is not going to fix that problem.  We will need to replace a bunch of players.

They all deserve blame for the Playoff losses, but 0-7 speaks for itself and so does the record against the Steelers, the one constant is Marvin Lewis. He was here the entire time. Also, if you are trying to say Marv was a great motivator i got news for you, you are wrong.

(05-20-2019, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin was against giving playing time to players who had not earned it.  That is just smart coaching.

Like I said before.  Watch other NFL teams.  It is very rare for teams to shake up their starting lineup.  The key to being a good coach is to get your best players to play their best.  You gain nothing by replacing a good player with a poor one.  The team does not get any better and the pooere players start to believe they will get playing time without earning it firat.

The starters were playing poorly...

It is dumb coaching to continue to start players who are playing poorly. Belichick is a smart coach, he benches or cuts 1st rounders if they are playing poorly. And it is dumb to backstab your DC when he thinks he should make some changes when things are going badly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-20-2019, 03:35 PM