Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They all deserve blame for the Playoff losses, but 0-7 speaks for itself and so does the record against the Steelers, the one constant is Marvin Lewis. He was here the entire time. Also, if you are trying to say Marv was a great motivator i got news for you, you are wrong.

The starters were playing poorly...

It is dumb coaching to continue to start players who are playing poorly. Belichick is a smart coach, he benches or cuts 1st rounders if they are playing poorly. And it is dumb to backstab your DC when he thinks he should make some changes when things are going badly.

I don't mean to lump all the anti-Marvin stuff into your post, but how is it that it is both his fault for not getting the most out of an ultra-talented roster as well as his fault for not shaking up the starting lineup enough?  Are we so ultra-talented that we still need to bench our starters and rotate in our bench players in order to maximize our talent levels?

I just don't see how we are going to argue we had one of the most talented rosters, but that Marvin Lewis was playing the wrong guys at the same time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Nately120 - 05-20-2019, 03:41 PM