Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-20-2019, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't mean to lump all the anti-Marvin stuff into your post, but how is it that it is both his fault for not getting the most out of an ultra-talented roster as well as his fault for not shaking up the starting lineup enough?  Are we so ultra-talented that we still need to bench our starters and rotate in our bench players in order to maximize our talent levels?

I just don't see how we are going to argue we had one of the most talented rosters, but that Marvin Lewis was playing the wrong guys at the same time.

Just have to make adjustments, you don't backstab your DC when he threatens to make adjustments when things are going badly. This is a big reason why we ALWAYS lost in the Playoffs under Marvin Lewis. The other teams made the proper adjustments and we did not.

(05-20-2019, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean like Marvin did with John Ross?  

Who exactly was the last 1st round pick Bill benched or cut?  I can't remember any.

No coach, not even Belichick, shuffles his lineup on a regular basis.  It happens very rarely with any NFL team, even the Patriots.  Coaches put their best players on the field and then get then to play the best they can.  It doesn't help the team in any way to put in a lower level player who has not earned playing time.

Ross was injured and his head wasn't in the game. But we could of used his speed when he was healthy. I don't know if this was a good move or not by Marv, guess we will know if Ross sets the world on fire under Taylor.

I remember it was a first round OT that Belichick cut a few years back, don't remember the name but he was a top 10 pick that the Patriots cut. How come a player like Rex Burkhead or Marquis Flowers goes to the Pats and actually plays well? There are good players on every NFL roster and the starters are not always the best players as we have all saw. Good players come from nowhere all the time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-20-2019, 03:54 PM