Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-20-2019, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It doesn't really matter to you does it.  No matter what happens you will spin it into "Marvin sucks".

Somehow turning around a poor defense proves he is a bad coach.  See what I mean?

Anything good happens it is the players or some coach other than Marvin.  Anything bad happens and it is all Marvin.  What is the point of even having a discussion.

Strawman.

Anywho.....something sure lit a fire under their asses.

No, I never said Marv was terrible, he was certainly better than Teryl Austin, last season proved that.....and I have given him due as such.  He was better than Austin with worse players to boot.

Marv was.....well.....mediocre.  The hope is ZT is at least better than that.  Marvin became too complacent and stale, and it showed in his teams the last three seasons.

So, I ask again, why did they play like shit for 8 weeks, and then turn it up the last 8?  Maybe Guenther calling them out to the media had something to do with it, maybe not.  SOMETHING lit a fire under them.......I don't think it was clapping and yelling "Let's go".  If we can't have differing opinions, you're right....what's the use in discussing it.  I think Marvin took this team as far as he was capable, I hope (and actually think) ZT can go a step or two farther.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-20-2019, 04:20 PM