Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-20-2019, 04:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Coach would own part of those things.

What's interesting though is people credit Marvin for every bad move in hindsight. Marvin came in here and turned a team respectable that in the previous 12 years...8-8 was a great year and 3-13 was more the norm. That deserves credit. And as we saw with Lebeau who is a great coordinator and Coslett...it wasn't an easy thing to do.

Then we draft Sample in the 2nd Round and people are like: I trust ZT! He wanted a physical TE. ie ZT gets the benefit of the doubt for every move.

We honestly have no clue how much say Taylor has at this point. I doubt he did all the scouting, hired coaches, developed a vision for the team, developed a playbook, and handled free agency. Much like I doubt Marvin didn't do all that stuff either.

This was in hindsight as well.....it has been reported in several outlets that Drew Sample was higher on several teams' boards than the middle of the 3rd.

Everyone gives Marvin credit for turning this into a respectable football team, same as they give him blame for folding like a cheap tent when it counts.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-20-2019, 04:25 PM