Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-20-2019, 04:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Coach would own part of those things.

What's interesting though is people credit Marvin for every bad move in hindsight. Marvin came in here and turned a team respectable that in the previous 12 years...8-8 was a great year and 3-13 was more the norm. That deserves credit. And as we saw with Lebeau who is a great coordinator and Coslett...it wasn't an easy thing to do.

Then we draft Sample in the 2nd Round and people are like: I trust ZT! He wanted a physical TE. ie ZT gets the benefit of the doubt for every move.

We honestly have no clue how much say Taylor has at this point. I doubt he did all the scouting, hired coaches, developed a vision for the team, developed a playbook, and handled free agency. Much like I doubt Marvin didn't do all that stuff either.

I agree with this Pistons, i am just willing to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt until he shows he cannot win a Playoff game. Marv shown he cannot win a Playoff game as a HC, but he did bring us back to respectable and i give him credit for that. The HC deserves some blame though, no matter how you cut it. If Taylor's teams play poorly i will give him some blame.

I always try to call it like it is. No bias one way or the other, but i would be lying to say i am not encouraged with what has been happening so far under Taylor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-20-2019, 04:30 PM