Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-21-2019, 09:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you're an NFL player and you need a coach to "maximize your effort" then your shouldn't be in the NFL.

Someone should have asked Vigil a follow up question: "So, were you not giving it your maximum effort then last year?"

I would agree with that, but here's an example of how that doesn't always work.

I'm a pretty self-motivated guy.  I work my butt off to get my projects done even if I have to pull the rest of the team with me.  About four years ago, a friend and I worked together on a project where the two of us did literally 80% of the work (I had the metrics to back it up). This seriously strained my ability to self-motivate.

My current project is similar.  I'm on a team of two software developers.  The other developer on the project has contributed absolutely nothing (again, I have the metrics to back it up) in six months.  Fortunately, this project ends next week because I am starting to lose that self-motivation.

I've never been an NFL player, but I can imagine some of the guys feeling the same way if they saw the coaches lacking enthusiasm and motivation themselves, or if they felt like they were the only ones trying. 

Positive energy is contagious, but so is negative energy or a lack of energy at all.  After sixteen years, Marvin sure seemed to be the very definition of "lack of energy."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Earendil - 05-21-2019, 11:24 AM