Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
I liked Marvin, but there may have been some reason he seemed incapable of keeping assistant coaches for more than a few seasons unless they were chronically underperforming.. I don't have the answer, but the assistants who did stick around for long periods were guys seemingly nobody else wanted..piano man, the Hayes brothers, etc..
We don't know how this will end up with Taylor's regime, if we'll keep seeing a revolving door OC and DC policy or not, but that seemed to be an ongoing problem under Marvin..When it was perceived those guys were doing a decent job they seemed to always go elsewhere and those who seemed to stagnate stayed with Marvin forever.. How we may have thought of Marvin as a person was irrelevant ,,as a head coach? Another story entirely..  We'll see how it plays out with Taylor or if he'll even be around after a few seasons.. It's all yet to be determined.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - grampahol - 05-21-2019, 11:47 AM