Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-21-2019, 04:58 PM)Earendil Wrote: Maybe Marvin did, but that only reinforces the point I was making in response to NFL players not needing to be motivated.  Most human beings need to be motivated, that's just a fact of life.  Some of us are able to do that ourselves. But even then, as I said, negative energy and non-energy is contagious.

All very true.

(05-21-2019, 05:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Anybody want to provide actual examples of Marvin holding a player accountable for his play on the field the last few years, or do you just want to keep playing pretend?

"John Ross!" Oh, you mean the same John Ross that was on the field all the time last year? Wow, he really showed him.

Did he hold Shaun Williams accountable for dirty play that got him kicked out of a game last year? Did he hold Vontaze Burfict accountable for his poor play and stacks of penalties? Did he hold the right side of the offensive line accountable for the poor play that people constantly bring up around here? Did he hold Billy Price accountable for his poor play when his backup proved to be playing better (I mean, John Ross got benched for his rookie mistakes, seems kind of hypocritical)?

Hell, did he ever hold Adam Jones, Vontaze Burfict, or Jeremy Hill accountable for costing them the franchise's first playoff game in 2 decades?

...and I've always been a Marvin supporter, too! But come on, if you don't think this is a weakness of his you're being purposefully blind. Do you want to argue that he was good at clock management next? A guy can still be a pretty good coach even if they have flaws (see: Andy Reid).

Exactly, not dogging on Marv just to dog on him but he definately had a lot of flaws even though overall he was a good coach. A bit mediocre but he was a good regular season coach for the most part. Marv just doesn't have an energetic personality, he is quite meh, he is just not an infectious motivating personality.

Now Zac Taylor seems quite the opposite. We will see how the players respond, so far, sounds very electric around the building and on the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-21-2019, 05:52 PM