Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-22-2019, 10:25 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Chris Henry? Here's how that went:
1) Henry gets waived, and *Mike Brown* issues a statement that Henhry forfeited his right to be a Cincinnati Bengal.
2) The Bengals top 3 WRs all get banged up in the preseason.
3) All the sudden the Bengals were willing to resign Henry. Go figure.

Now sure, Marvin came out and said they weren't interested, but coaches lie all the time. He easily could have been trying to limit bad PR at that point, or maybe he was just trying to convince other teams in the league that Henry wasn't worth it. We'll never know, but I have a hard time believing that the same coach that tolerated Burfict for years wouldn't do the same for Henry (and if you think Burfict was thrown upon Marvin without his consent, you're crazy based on how he treated him).

But sure, let's hear the guy who blames Mike Brown for all aspects of the operation criticize others for putting any blame on Marvin lol.

As for the GM thing, if Andy Reid wanted Kareem Hunt around, he'd still be a Chief. GMs who force their decisions on a coach end up where the Jets' last GM did - unemployed. No GM is going to overpower a coach, *especially* a coach as well loved by the owner as Marvin was.

As I said, normal organization structures GM's take input from the coach...but ultimately the GM's handle personnel.

Believe me, after the 2015 meltdown...many GM's/owners in the league would have made some change. Either the Coach is fired for going 0-7 and having that meltdown on his watch. Or guys like Burfict are waived. Or Jones isn't re-signed. The Bengals brought all parties back.

The fact that the Bengals management gave a coach that was 0-7 in the playoffs 3 more seasons says a lot about them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - THE PISTONS - 05-22-2019, 10:41 AM