Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-22-2019, 10:47 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: And back to back losing season. This pretty much broke my spirits like an ugly divorce. It's......just sad

I'm fairly convinced that the meltdown in 2015 broke the team. Then, they lost a bunch of their key players in free agency over the next 2 years.

People are placing the lack of accountability on the wrong person. It's ownership/management who sets the team culture. Culture is dictated by the worst behavior you tolerate.

You have Burfict getting lots of personal fouls/suspensions and you keep him because he's a good player. And you have an 0-7 coach in the playoffs and you keep him and you expect to miraculously just start winning playoff games?

I feel like in some ways, they're content just not being 90's level bad. Maybe it's the media market? In NY or Pittsburgh or Boston, there would be intense pressure on the team to win playoff games and maybe that would push them to hiring a GM or spending more. Some teams look for creative ways to exceed the cap for instance. And restructure deals.

In Cincy, there seems to be very little pressure on the team from media...or even fans.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - THE PISTONS - 05-22-2019, 11:03 AM