Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-22-2019, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You seriously believe that the reason Marvin did not win here is because he did not rip Dalton for his poor performances?

No, you're putting words into my mouth.

I think players and people in general tend to do better when they've got a fire lit under their ass. When I think of Marvin's comments on Andy over the years it was always "Andy did great", "it's not Andy", "Andy's doing exactly what he should", etc. Everything is always someone else's fault. Again, if you're going to call out some players (ie, John Ross) and not others, that's pretty much the opposite of accountability. Accountability is holding everyone to the same high standards, not a handful of guys while you let others get away with anything. If you don't hold some players accountable, you're not coaching accountability. And yeah, I think THAT plays a big part in the drop in performance of several key players over the last few seasons which ultimately cost him his job.

The irony of a guy who constantly points out how "we don't know what Person X is saying behind closed doors" jumping to conclusions about how I'd respond to a hypothetical situation is pretty comical. If we're going to play that game, I'll go ahead and posit that if people were in here giving Marvin props for holding players accountable you'd be crying from the mountain that that's never been the case and we're all stupid for not seeing it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - NKURyan - 05-22-2019, 06:06 PM