Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-22-2019, 07:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: John Ross (1st round pick) fumbled on an end around play two seasons ago and was promptly benched. Billy Price's (1st round pick) bad snapping put Andy Dalton out for the season with an injury and wasn't punished at all, despite his mistake being a WAY bigger deal and having a proven capable backup behind him. THAT'S THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF ACCOUNTABILITY.

John Ross did not know the playbook and gave up on routes.  Price just made a rookie mistake.  Thanks for proving my point.  You complain about him not holding players accountable, and you also complain about him holding players accountable.  No matter what he does you will complain.

(05-22-2019, 07:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You do understand that "being critical of" is not the same thing as "throwing them under the bus", right? But if you want coaches that were actually critical of their QBs last season, here's a start: Adam Gase, John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, Hue Jackson, Doug Marrone, Mike Zimmer, Tampa Bay's coach... probably more, but those are some I remember hearing from at points throughout the season while Marvin was running out the same old cliches everytime his QB was brought up.

I'll make you a sig bet that whatever those coaches said about their QBs I can find Marvin saying the same thing about Dalton.  It is a complete lie to claim that Marvin never said Dalton has to get better and be more consistent.  You just hear what you want to hear.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - fredtoast - 05-22-2019, 07:43 PM