Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet
(05-22-2019, 09:57 PM)NKURyan Wrote: As a teacher, if I held my students to separate sets of standards on a whim I wouldn't have a job for very long. As a faculty we don't talk about holding some students accountable while letting others go, we talk about holding ALL students accountable to the SAME standards. 

So does one person come into your class and observe for one day and then tell you who to reward and who to punish.  Or do you do it based on your complete knowledge of what every student has done every day.

I am pretty sure Marvin could tell Ross did not know the playbook when he benched him.  And since he gave up on routes in games I am pretty sure he did it in practice when none of us were watching.  All of you who criticize Marvin for "no accountability" make a mockerey of yourselves when you start defensing Ross.

You also have no clue what goes on in filmrooms or meetings.  It is possible that Marvin gives scathing rebukes and criticism.  That is much more important than throwing a player under the bus just for media attention.

Like I said before.  IF JUST CRITICIZING PLAYERS TO THE MEDIA MADE THEM BETTER THEN WE COULD ALL BE NFL COACHES.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Reactions To New Coaches From A Vet - fredtoast - 05-23-2019, 08:57 AM