Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets discuss stats at positions that equate playoffs.I
(05-20-2019, 02:58 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I think this is the biggest indicator. 

Last season we totaled 4972 yards. If you look at the top 10 offenses last season... those team's averaged 370 yards per game (Bengals 310). Looking at these teams again we see that the pass-yards to run-yards was 2.44. That was 2.44 yards passed for every 1 rush yard (Bengals 1.96).  What I am getting from this is our passing was sub par. And I think we all agree that we had some OL issues which gave AD very little time in the pocket over all.

When we look at AJ and Boyd, they pulled down 1722 yards total.  AJ was injured at the end and so was AD. However I don't think both recievers getting 1,000 yards is beyond reasonable. I know AJ is getting older and he doesn't always fight for yards anymore. But he is still a solid #1. The bigger issue is who is the #3? Eifert > Ross?  We have big issues after the AJ/ Boyd combo.  Having a #3 would make this analysis a lot easier.  I really want to see a big season from Ross, Eifert, and Sample. Maybe Tate if he can make the field.

As for our rushing game... Mixon. I really like Gio. But it seems that our play callers have never put Gio forward. I usually see him on 3rd and long on a predictable screen. No feces, we all see it coming. Or you see Gio get a run up the middle or pass block. I think we need to see Gio be used more offensively/ aggressively. Play more to his strengths rather than use him as simply a #2 back.

As for Red Zone %... TEs. Eifert kills in the endzone. Let's all hope Sample can too.

And if defense wins championships we need more turnovers. The top 10 teams averaged 28.5 (Bengals 18). The lowest +/- was +7 (Bengals +1). The biggest area you notice is our fumble recoveries where the top end of the NFL gets double digits while we ranked 25th with 6.

Now we got some new linebackers, kept our starting CBs and added Webb... and our DL is healthy again. Let's all hope with more pressure, a more present LB corps... we can force more 3rd downs or force some bad plays. Our secondary didn't seem to be an issue last season.

Great post man, you did some work on this one, reps.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets discuss stats at positions that equate playoffs.I - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-20-2019, 03:24 PM