Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling not practicing until Training Camp
(05-24-2019, 02:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: To all of those arguing that Boling should be the RT or have a shot at the RT position I would like to know why?

Boling has been looked at as our best lineman since Whit and Zeitler left but that has been because of consistency and his overall ranking. His ranking has been elevated due to the fact that he is an above average pass protector. However, he is below average run blocker and is no way a road grading, physical type run blocker that you are looking for at the RT position.

This regime is not making any sort of secret out of the fact that they are planning to showcase the running game. With this being the case I do not see Boling as a fit at the RT position at all.

In fact, I will not be shocked if Boling is not a part of the roster when the final cuts are made.

Boling is a better pass protector than Hart by a long shot and was a better run blocker than Zeitler when he was here.

Maybe he is not a road grader but Boling is more than solid.

Cannot say any of this about Hart.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boling not practicing until Training Camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-24-2019, 02:27 PM