Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling not practicing until Training Camp
(05-24-2019, 08:30 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Letting Boling ride the bench? Cutting him? This is crazy talk to me. I've thought for some time that he's one of the best pulling guards in the league. And he can pass protect at a high level. And he can play tackle. And he can block in space. 

People may be setting themselves up for a rude awakening if it turns out that Miller and Hart can't keep Dalton upright. This isn't the 1950s - pass protection is the bare minimum for line play.

Yep he can pass protect at a high level. Yep he is very good at pulling. Yep he works well in space.

You however are ignoring some very clear things. to begin with I have seen most everyone compliment Boling on his pass protection skills. No one has questioned his ability to help keep the QB clean. I have seen most everyone state that he is very athletic which is why he is a good pulling player and good in space. What he is not is physical. When he pulls or is in space he is a get in the way blocker and not a road grader. That certainly is not the resume you are looking for in a RT on a line that is looking for a dominant run game as an identity.

No one is trying to take away from the abilities of Boling or what he has done for this franchise. Rather just stating some really obvious things.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boling not practicing until Training Camp - OSUfan - 05-25-2019, 08:10 AM