Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling not practicing until Training Camp
(05-25-2019, 12:18 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: So you think Boling at 6'5 and 305 pounds and has been that weight for 9 NFL seasons and not a physical player by any means. Is going to step in at RG and be a better run blocker then a guy that is 6'3 and 315 pounds and much more of a physical player then Boling. Just switch him to the other side of the line which I don't think he has ever played on the right side of the oline in his college or NFL career for a very good reason...But yeah lets just pencil him in there cause it looks good on paper.

Boling has absolutely been a better run blocker than Miller to this point. Miller struggles run blocking actually. It's more than just weight.

It's weird that the Bengals are moving Glenn to LG and displacing Boling because Boling has been a fine LG! Glenn has never played Guard in the Pros that I can recall. And furthermore, Glenn is a much better Tackle than Hart...and this move of Glenn to Guard seems to put Hart as the starting RT.

It doesn't make sense.

But, the logic that Boling is losing his job because he can't run block is flawed in that Miller is not a good run blocker. I don't care what his size is.

How, I think this will play out is Glenn will struggle at LG and be waived and Boling will be the LG. That will save money as Glenn doesn't have a big cap hit if released.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boling not practicing until Training Camp - THE PISTONS - 05-25-2019, 02:35 PM