Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling not practicing until Training Camp
(05-25-2019, 02:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: I assume the coaches are basing their views on actually watching the players both on the field and on film and not on PFF whose value is almost nil when it comes to linemen. Also, for all we know Boling is being held back to nurse an injury. Plus, we don't know enough yet. One big thing we have no clear news on is the blocking scheme - are the new coaches going zone or switching to more of a directional drive blocking scheme?

With Turner and the O-lineman we have i highly doubt we go zone again, especially after how our O-line has played when in zone.

I bet it is more of a directional drive blocking scheme. Night and day when we had PA here and he was running that passive zone blocking shit where our Lineman were on their heels all the time and then Lazor helped get us to switch it up to more directional blocking.

Have to always give Lazor props for this.

(05-25-2019, 03:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Boling has always been much more effective at taking angles and run blocking at the 2nd level, than he ever has been at being able to simply blow a larger man off the ball head up on him.

I also feel like nobody on here is putting Boling down on purpose, because he's been a good to really good player for the Bengals for 9 seasons.  But the truth of the matter is that Boling is injured, and has already sustained some semi-serious injuries over the course of his career.  When healthy, there's absolutely no question that he's going to win that LG spot.  Injuries to the back never fully go away, once a shoulder has had sever damage?  That never just "heals up" either.  He's had to learn to play around both of those physical limitations, in order to stay on the field.  Nobody is dogging Boling, I admire his courage and spirit to play on.  I'm just thinking it might be time to have him on the bench, and healthy to take over for a late season run.

Sure seems to me lots on here are dogging on Boling and i don't get it.

Yes, he is injured but he has like you said been a good to really good player for us and i honestly find him to be very underrated, always have. Especially when Zeitler was here who got so much cred and he was a worse run blocker than Boling. To say Boling is like some soft fluff ball with no physicality is just crazy to me. I know that is not what anyone has said, but it wouldn't surprise me with how this is leading.

I have seen Boling pancake dudes at the goal line, i have seen it. He CAN play physical.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boling not practicing until Training Camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-25-2019, 04:25 PM