Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling not practicing until Training Camp
(05-25-2019, 12:18 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: 5 mil is cheap.  If you can seriously say boling is not one of the top 5 olineman on the team you dont watch football.  Our oline is not great as it is ...why would we cut either?  They were clearly the best 2 guys we had last year ...by miles.  Both glenn and boling should be starting if they want the best 5 out there.  If we cut either is extremely stupid.  Why would people be talking salaries when we are 22 mil under cap right now and are projected to have a ton of money available next year barring extensions.  What does cutting clint get us 27 mil under cap? For what?  Our oline gets weaker so we can just be further under cap this year..makes zero sense to cut him.

5 million isn't cheap for a backup...and again...I'm not saying what I want to happen, I'm saying what I think will happen. The coaches are high on Hart. Taylor and Turner have gushed over him. The front office thought enough of him to pay him $7.4 million this season. You look at those things and combine it with the fact that Hart has plenty of NFL experience at RT while Boling has none (and won't be able to practice) and the logical conclusion is that Hart probably has the edge over Boling.

Now if you want to say Boling will take his usual spot at LG, then that puts the pinch on Cordy Glenn. This is why I think one of either Glenn or Boling will get cut.

(05-26-2019, 09:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's more than the Penalties for Hart. He allowed A LOT of sacks too:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm definitely no fan of Hart, but it sure seems like people that matter are.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boling not practicing until Training Camp - Shake n Blake - 05-27-2019, 02:28 PM