Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notebook: Secondary Sizzles; Sharp, Webb, Erickson Impress
(06-07-2019, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Now the Secondary looks good!

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-secondary-sizzles-sharp-webb-erickson-impress?elqTrackId=5c2715d3b6d04ba78bbe7add1f32253c&elq=83ea47ff4ade4a38a1067ece5b435217&elqaid=694&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=453

Quote:On day eight of the Bengals’ organized team activities, the secondary enjoyed a highlight-filled day with numerous pass breakups, an interception and multiple stops. It was such a dazzling performance, head coach Zac Taylor couldn’t help but agree the defense won the day.

“I do, I absolutely do,” Taylor said. “They came out and played like their hair was on fire. They did a nice job of getting to the quarterback. I'm happy with the job the defense did.”

Playing like “their hair was on fire” certainly summed up the intensity and playmaking ability the secondary showcased. From safety Jessie Bates’ interception during a red zone drill, to rookie cornerback Jordan Brown breaking up consecutive passes during a two-minute drill, the secondary played with confidence throughout the session.

In other words, the offense didn't get it done, didn't protect the QB, didn't get open.

Another notable thing I saw was that Ross is on the injury list and is out. The injury is listed as unknown, but I'm sure Ross and training staff know what his injury is. You'd think that Ross would be out there giving it his all as the other young guys are out there showing they can get something done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Notebook: Secondary Sizzles; Sharp, Webb, Erickson Impress - BengalChris - 06-07-2019, 08:42 PM