Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN
(06-09-2019, 12:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: #4 does not warrant optimism for the Browns. But I guess with how bad that shithole organization has been, a speck of possible improvement could spark undeserved attention.

I'm not betting it all on the Browns, but you have in your signature a picture of a fanbase of a team that was "cursed" for over 100 years and then got a top GM and top talent and won it all within a few years.  All I'm saying is that when the Cubs got Theo Epstein and Joe Maddon and went all-in on overhauling their roster plenty of people said they were still the Cubs and would never win anything.

I get the optimism for the Bengals and the new system.  But this whole "the Steelers will stop being good and the Browns/Ravens will not become good" narrative is just played out around here.  Pig Ben wasn't the next Bubbie Brister, he has yet to fall apart or miss most of a season, and the Steelers got rid of two giant cancer divas which should make them better if we are going to assume the Browns will be ruined because they acquired cancer divas.

I know we can win the AFC north, but if we win it because the Steelers/Browns/Ravens are just garbage squads it's better than the past few years, but it doesn't sound like real optimism to me.  It looks like the Ravens have been exposed at QB, and the Browns could very well be a mess of in-fighting...but the Steelers have owned us for years while their QB, RB, and top WR were all mega dbags who threw shade at each other, so that doesn't exactly mean we're going to sweep them because they're jerks.

I just say this stuff not because I love the Browns or have them picked to win it all, but because I've wanted the Bengals to get a real GM and make more aggressive roster moves for years.  For me to instantly dismiss the Browns after they've made the effort to do what I've been begging the Bengals to do for decades just seems unfair.  Does that make any sense?

tl;dr - I have a Baker Mayfield tattoo on my butt and I like to kiss my own butt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN - Nately120 - 06-09-2019, 02:04 PM