Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN
(06-09-2019, 11:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is true about new offenses/playbooks/etc.  but what cannot be so easily changed are the physical habits that are now fully captured on game film.  Every QB has physical "cues" that defensive players and coaches can all clearly see and read.  I feel like these cues are more telling and easier to diagnose in mobile QBs, as opposed to pocket passers who master the pump fake and the "look off" to create windows of separation for their receivers.  With mobile QBs, it's usually something more physically demonstrative, like a stutter or hitch in their step, or maybe the Safety catches him taking a long look at the middle of the field before he tucks and runs, etc.

Right, and I'm not bashing Jackson at all, I'm a huge fan of his from Louisville.... but, you put pressure on him and his first instinct is to run. He a phenomenal athlete, and got away with it in college because he is so fast and shifty. Petrino use to run drill after drill, and blow the whistle as soon as he pulled the ball down to run to try to break that habit. But it is ingrained.....I suspect that can hurt him in the pros where everyone is fast..... we just cannot allow him time in the pocket.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN - Sled21 - 06-09-2019, 09:23 PM