Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN
(06-09-2019, 11:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is true about new offenses/playbooks/etc.  but what cannot be so easily changed are the physical habits that are now fully captured on game film.  Every QB has physical "cues" that defensive players and coaches can all clearly see and read.  I feel like these cues are more telling and easier to diagnose in mobile QBs, as opposed to pocket passers who master the pump fake and the "look off" to create windows of separation for their receivers.  With mobile QBs, it's usually something more physically demonstrative, like a stutter or hitch in their step, or maybe the Safety catches him taking a long look at the middle of the field before he tucks and runs, etc.

Yep! 

And people keep forgetting that Mayfield had a pretty good cast last season but aside from beating up on us and Atlanta he looked pretty ordinary at best with a real turnover problem. In fact there were only two teams he played twice - our all time bad defense and the Rats. Our defense was a total sieve and unable to stop either run or pass. The Rats made him look bad. 

Jackson I maintain is essentially Terrell Pryor II. He should be moved to WR as he has zero touch, one speed on his throws and no real pocket play skills. I suspect after this season the Rats will take a real QB early and do exactly that. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN - Joelist - 06-09-2019, 10:39 PM