Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry
(06-12-2019, 05:29 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Not saying Jerry is a good pickup or that he'll even make the team but I'm personally glad to see the Bengals reviewing every option possible. Outside of the Hart contract (which could work out for all we know), they seem committed to strengthening the depth on the OL. We went into last season banking on Redmond or Westerman to get the job done and when that failed we had no options. It also helps that Jerry has played decent in the past just in case his number is called. We still need some more bodies at Tackle but I'm sure that'll come too as camp gets closer.

I know it's a tired argument but the team didn't really try Westerman at all. They seemed adamant about using only Redmond or Hopkins. In limited offensive snaps (96) across 3 games, Westerman played rather well (78.8 according to PFF).

In fact, PFF had Westerman listed as one of the players they'd like to see more of in 2019.
Quote:CHRISTIAN WESTERMANCINCINNATI BENGALS

After a great preseason where he earned an 80.6 overall grade at guard, some thought that Westerman had carved out a role for himself in the starting lineup. That didn’t happen, but Westerman did play 96 snaps throughout the regular season and only allowed two pressures. His 78.8 overall grade was significantly better than starters Clint Boling 61.9 and Alex Redmond 56.4, so perhaps new head coach Zac Taylor will see his value in the coming months.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-players-wed-like-to-see-more-of-in-2019
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry - ochocincos - 06-12-2019, 06:08 PM