Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry
(06-12-2019, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know it's a tired argument but the team didn't really try Westerman at all. They seemed adamant about using only Redmond or Hopkins. In limited offensive snaps (96) across 3 games, Westerman played rather well (78.8 according to PFF).

In fact, PFF had Westerman listed as one of the players they'd like to see more of in 2019.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-players-wed-like-to-see-more-of-in-2019

I wasn't trying to criticize Westerman because I think we all agree he didn't get a fair shake from the last regime. I'm saying this is another small difference between the last regime and this one. The last regime decided Redmond would be their guy from the jump and regardless if he struggled or not, they were not going to bench him because they did not trust Westerman at all. Why not bring in another guy for camp like the new staff is doing now if Westerman was THAT "bad"? It's not like Redmond was good in the preseason and then couldn't adjust to real games. Westerman outplayed him by a good margin too and it still wasn't enough. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and this is simply a new staff bringing in a guy that they have experience with but like I said they're going over all options. They see that Boling is hurt and guys like Redmond and Westerman are bad/unproven so bringing in an extra body makes sense. The last regime wouldn't have done that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry - Whodey614 - 06-12-2019, 08:22 PM