Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry
(06-12-2019, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know it's a tired argument but the team didn't really try Westerman at all. They seemed adamant about using only Redmond or Hopkins. In limited offensive snaps (96) across 3 games, Westerman played rather well (78.8 according to PFF).

In fact, PFF had Westerman listed as one of the players they'd like to see more of in 2019.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-players-wed-like-to-see-more-of-in-2019

There really must be more to the story, when it comes to Westerman.  He's been on the team for 3 years, yet failed to unseat anyone for significant playing time.  The puzzling part is that when we've seen him in preseason and limited mop up duty, he's looked pretty dominant.  On the other hand, I can also remember reading things like "he is great moving forward, but lateral movement is sketchy", and "he does well, with the plays that he knows", meaning that he has trouble grasping the NFL playbook.  (I say NFL playbook, because he's had a few different coaches and coordinators to deal with, but let's face it..  Football plays are football plays, the only thing that changes is the wording)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry - SunsetBengal - 06-12-2019, 08:28 PM