Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry
(06-18-2019, 07:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We all know that is the truth.  I guess it will depend upon Clint's health.  Honestly, I'm starting to get the vibe that he might be in worse shape than he, or the team, ever let on, at the end of the last couple seasons.  This is two seasons in a row, that he was unable to complete the season.

Me too.

(06-18-2019, 07:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And rightfully so imo. Our issues have been hanging on to guys too long, eating up cap and being loyal. None of which wins down the long stretch.

Agreed. I like Boling, but the smart move would be to let him go if he's having health issues in the last year of a contract paying out $5 mil this year, especially considering how it looks like he's slotted for a backup role.

(06-18-2019, 07:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Just too bad we don't spend that savings on upgrades.

Exactly. Spotrac shows us as having the 14th most cap space at $19.8 million, and we'd be getting more by cutting Boling. Why wasn't any of it used to improve the team? I get that Boyd is fixing to get a substantial pay raise, but we probably still could've afforded a decent player somewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry - Shake n Blake - 06-18-2019, 07:50 PM