Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry
(06-18-2019, 07:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Me too.

Agreed. I like Boling, but the smart move would be to let him go if he's having health issues in the last year of a contract paying out $5 mil this year, especially considering how it looks like he's slotted for a backup role.

Exactly. Spotrac shows us as having the 14th most cap space at $19.8 million, and we'd be getting more by cutting Boling. Why wasn't any of it used to improve the team? I get that Boyd is fixing to get a substantial pay raise, but we probably still could've afforded a decent player somewhere.

It's going to get spent. We were apparently interested in McCoy. He didn't even come here. And we were reportedly interested in Shaq Barrett. He supposedly had a visit. But signed with the Bucs early the next day after he was "here." 

It takes two to tango. There are plenty of guys who are here already that could get a new contract this year. 

We had a pretty bad off season as far as media coverage and our ability to attract free agents. Browns are super bowl champs, steelers and ravens are who they are. Bengals hire some dude because he coached with McVay. One of the last head coaches hired. People didn't want the DC job. Coming off a losing season with the whole team having some down right ugly stuff on film. 

Winning will help us attract better free agents at lower prices. And give our head coach and his coaching staff a little more street cred.

5 mil for a guy who has started 106 of our last 112 regular season games and can play all 5 spots and has been our best OL the last couple years. I think it is well worth it if the goal is winning games. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry - NATI BENGALS - 06-19-2019, 12:09 AM