Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry
(06-20-2019, 12:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think it's a number of different factors with Og and Price.  More was expected out of Og because he was drafted to replace an all time Bengals great in Whitworth.  Price was drafted into a spot where he really can't be much worse than what we have trotted out there for going on a decade.  Og has also been a bit of a whipping boy for fans that are upset with the FO for not resigning Whit.  The fact that he sucked justified those fans' opinion that they should have thrown monster money at Whit so he would retire as a Bengal.  Conversely, many of us have been screaming for them to draft a C in 1 or 2 for a long time and really want Price to be good to justify that position.  Plus, Price played at Ohio State, and right or wrong, players that came from a college that's close to their NFL team will always get extra leash from the fans.

I definitely disagree with you on the bolded point.
Both were the 21st overall pick in their respective draft classes, and therefore I at least had the same expectation out of both of them - an above-average starter. I specifically think of Kevin Zeitler. I didn't necessarily expect someone who was quite as dominant like Whitworth was but at least pretty consistently solid year-to-year. I don't really care whether one was replacing a Pro Bowler in Whit vs Bodine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry - ochocincos - 06-20-2019, 03:13 PM