Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry
(06-21-2019, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only position on the O-line that I consider locks are Price at OC and Williams at LT.  Other than that we have 

Glenn.....$9.5 million
Hart.......$5.9 million
Boling....$5.8 million
Miller.....$5.3 million

That is 4 bodies for 3 positions.  I know Hobson has said Hart is starting at RT, but this time 2 years we signed Andre Smith to be our starting RG.

I think we keep all 4 of these guys in order to have the best 5 starters and solid depth.  And I think they wait until training camp to work it out.  Only way Boling gets released is if he has serious health/injury problem.  He is the only one of these guys who has started at both OT and OG.

Well obviously anything is possible, but I don't see them keeping Boling around at $5.75 million on the bench. I agree that they'll wait until TC, they'll then see how things are shaking out, and the one who gets the short end will get cut. The John Jerry signing was for starting experience and depth behind whoever wins the LG spot. He could also be a "break glass" player in case Glenn doesn't acclimate well and Boling is hurt. 

I'd be surprised if Hart isn't the RT. Very surprised. Andre Smith was discussed as the RG, but it was a new position for him, he wasn't the incumbent, and we had a very iffy situation at RT, where Smith wound up starting for 8 games. Not to mention we were paying Smith less than half what Hart will be making this season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly sign FA OL John Jerry - Shake n Blake - 06-24-2019, 08:28 PM