Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Reds be active for trades?
(06-19-2019, 02:12 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I apologize for just getting back with you on this. It sounds like you are in favor of not trading and taking the long shot on the wildcard, is that what you’re saying? I’m not opposed to that if it’s justified by their record before the deadline. If they’re not close then they need to focus on the future and identify a path for next year. It also seems that you really like Peraza. I like that he’s cheap, under team control, has speed, can play multiple positions adequately and I agree that he can be a good hitter. The things that I dislike are that he isn’t good at shortstop as an everyday starter, he has long periods of struggling at the plate and will rarely take a walk. When he’s not hitting, he is useless because of the mediocre glove and not taking the walks. I personally don’t mind him on the team as an IF/OF sub. I do not like him as a starter and especially a starting shortstop. It’s nice to see a 3 game streak, hopefully it continues.

I'm not opposed to trades. I just want them to strengthen the team overall instead of weaken them.. I'm definitely not in love with Peraza, but he gets a lot of bad raps he probably doesn't deserve. When he zeros in he's about a tough an out as they come though..Guys who can hit the ball where they ain't don't just grow on trees outside the stadium. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the Reds be active for trades? - grampahol - 06-20-2019, 10:35 AM