Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegas and ESPN AFC North Division Outlook
(06-19-2019, 12:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not ragging on Dalton, I'm just saying outsiders tend to remember high ceilings more than high floors. 

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think it's those high ceilings keeping Ken Anderson out of the Hall of Fame (where plenty of folks here think he belongs).

And we're not even talking to outsiders here - people on these boards should know better. I just think it's really weird that we seemingly only form our opinion on Palmer based on how he played in 05-06, on Boomer based on 88-89, and on Anderson based on 1975 and 1981, but when talking about Andy it's important that we take 2015 with a grain of salt and look at his career as a whole to trash the guy.

Andy's been good here. He's been steady, and I think you could confidently say that, barring injury, you're going to get mid-to-upper 20 TDs next year with INTs in the low teens with a completion percentage over 60%. Anybody who sits here and says they wouldn't take that next year is nuts. And I get that there will always be people who want more, more, more, but calling Andy below average (see: earlier in the thread) is a stretch.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vegas and ESPN AFC North Division Outlook - NKURyan - 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM