Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 reasons Mixon will lead the league in rushing in 2019
(06-21-2019, 11:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He has a long way to go to be better than Dillon, but that will be great if he does.

Dillon was a Hall-of Fame talent, and he was a "violent" runner like Marshawn Lynch.  Here is my favorite stat to show how good Dillon was 

2000 Bengals passing offense.... 506 plays….. 1949 yds..... 3.8 avg. ….. 6 tds
2000 Corey Dillon offense...……. 333 touches. 1593 yds..... 4.8 avg. ….. 7 tds

Everyone knew Dillon was going to get the ball and he still produced.  His first six seasons here we averaged just 4.3 wins.  We won 8 gams in '03, but his decision to get out was made before that season even started.  

Belichick generally does not believe in a "bell cow".  In his 19 season as Pat's head coach Dillon is the only RB with more than 300 touches and he had a lot more (360).  Bill knew he was a special talent and rode him to a Lombardi.  Dillon had 75 more touches in those 3 postseason games.  But he was 30 and worn down from the pounding he took carrying some of the shittiest Bengal teams ever.  If he had played his career for a decent team he would be considered one of the best of best.
Dillon should be borderline HoF based on numbers alone, nevermind the circumstances around him not counting the Patroit years. If you factor those in I'd think it was a no brainer. He compares favorably to other HoF backs that had real teams around them. Can you really say Thurman thomas, Terrell davis, and betis are all better than dillon? I dont see it. And they all played on teams that went to superbowls.

Hopefully he can get in one day, but as weve seen with a few other HoF worthy Bengals, it doesnt seem likely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 reasons Mixon will lead the league in rushing in 2019 - MasonDT70 - 06-21-2019, 02:48 PM