Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson and the ever hopeful stories of...
(06-21-2019, 10:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: If sad stories of player's pasts were the determining factor in whether a team won championships Hobson would make the Bengals ten time world champions.. I know a lot of you think he's a terrible football writer and he really does deserve a lot of the knocks he takes, but the guy does have a knack for making you want to root for guys who's grandmothers and grandfathers had it tough.. 
File another of Hobsons stories under Germain Pratt's grandma and even great grandmother.. https://www.bengals.com/news/old-soul-pratt-eyes-new-role
I could write all day about how tough my own grandparents had it, but they would never turn me into a world class athlete.. Never underestimate the power of some somewhat interesting human interest feature story to make a player one of the all time greats, eh? 
In no way do any of his stories make anyone a worse nor better player. I think at best it fills that off season hole in our otherwise boring time of awaiting the beginning of training camp.. 

The sad stories are irrelevant to football and I wish they would just drop them. All that matters is if the guy can play the position better than the next guy. If you fill up a team or company with a bunch of people with sad stories then your team or company is going to become one big sad story and suck.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson and the ever hopeful stories of... - BengalChris - 06-23-2019, 01:31 PM