Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
(06-27-2019, 04:32 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm a big fan of Lap and don't care what other media people think of him.  His analysis is so often really accurate.  He's a homer to be sure, something I actually enjoy about him.  His exuberance can be a bit on the intrusive side at times but I love the flavor.

But as for Gresh, I think you have a bit of a point.   The guy was a violent blocker and physically very intimidating.  And when he came into the league he had really good hands.  They said he was a slow study, which I believe.  But it makes me wonder what the team culture was for guys like him (and Ross?) - and how much of it was the Head Coach, the coaching staff as a whole and maybe other players?

I believe he made the pro bowl in Arizona.   He was strong as a bull and had long arms.   I remember thinking that Lap might want to make sure he didn't run into Gresh in a dark ally...

I just think as first rounders go he caught a lot of flack.

He even said "he'd be the villain"...  but why was he villain"ized" in the first place?

Some false starts, penalties, and drops.

More than several occasions he'd seek out fans to give TD catches the ball.

There have been many players that have failed much more than him so why the hatred?

Eifert is by far a better receiving TE.  He was used as such. 

It's debatable that Gresham could have had better and deeper routes given to him.

As far as drops does anyone remember this doozy... ?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tyler-eifert-on-drops-against-texans-it-s-embarrassing-111715

I don't miss JG.  I especially like Tyler Eifert as a player and all round good guy.

As a fan I wanted Eifert to re-sign with the Bengals.  Even though there are still bad fans that trash him too.

Lapham.  What can I say about this passive aggressive guy?

Someone that calls out a player as giving up on his team and uses semantics to back-track.

"Bbbb but but but...   I never said quitter!"

If someone thinks this old guy is gonna whoop ass on a player that has drug 4 guys down the field on a play like a freight train.

Good frickin' luck there pal.

My feelings and attitude about this guy is if he was honest he would've trashed Piano Man and his group of rubes by using his eyeballs and years of experience.

Instead this Bengals' management mouthpiece waits to take shots after he's gone.

He is what he is.

You like how he tells it straight?  Good for you all.   ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - BengalsRocker - 06-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Williams contract - Catmandude123 - 06-26-2019, 01:45 PM