Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
(06-28-2019, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny to me that the scheme is what everyone cite as our hope.

Taylor was a bad OC at the U of Cincy and with the Dolphins.

With the Rams, in his 2 years there...he was assistant WR coach and then QB Coach the next year. I doubt he designed plays in either stop.

We didn't hire McVey. We hired his assistant WR Coach/QB Coach.

And what scheme can hide a terrible offensive line? We had a bottom 5 line last year, and lost our best player Boling and our best draft pick.

We are going to run the Rams' scheme with the Bengals' roster and a bunch of coaches from the 2013 Dolphins.  I realize everyone wants to be the Rams now, but the Rams also went all-in on a #1 overall QB and got a new offensive-minded HC and were very active in free agency and adding high-priced supplemental talent.  There is a team in the AFC North that did those things and hopefully that team doesn't become the Rams, because it ain't us.

I'm not even predicting doom 'n' gloom for this year, I just find our instant faith in this coaching staff to be a little troubling.  Troubling in the way that we are going into 2019 with the idea that ZT and his crew are instantly a step in the right direction, the team is way better because they aren't injured (that's a reality, there), and our front office is better now because Katie and ZT and not as much Mike Brown made a bunch of genius draft picks.

Everything will be swell as long as we make the playoffs.  If we don't have a season that rivals those of the good Marvin era then one of the things were are convinced is better is going to take some lumps.

(06-28-2019, 03:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Somehow I don't think the Steelers or Patriots would think their chances were down the tubes if they lost a rookie tackle. 

Then again, our team isn't run by people named Kraft or Rooney.

I usually get on fans for being too optimistic, but I have to admit things are fairly symmetrical in the sense that we went from being super pumped about Williams, to being super bummed when we lost him.  Also, going into the draft we talked a lot about how our 1st pick had to address one of our major needs, so logic would indicate we really needed this guy to fill a hole and now...said hole ain't filled. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Nately120 - 06-29-2019, 12:21 AM
Williams contract - Catmandude123 - 06-26-2019, 01:45 PM