Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
(06-29-2019, 01:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: But the problem with that is that we were hoping that Mike Brown wasn't the guy making the lion's (tiger's?) share of the decisions now.  Right now we are looking at a 1st round o-lineman who had a bum shoulder and can't even play in 2019 and the only QB we bothered bringing in that we traded up for who can't even complete a pass.  Seems like we'd be going from "ZT and Katie are the brilliant wave of the future!" to "Oh crap...I hope Mike Brown is still being a draft-pick tyrant" in a hurry.

I said Mike and the same old Front Office and that includes the much over rated Katie.  I'm trying to think of a 1st Round Pick who wasn't injured most of his Rookie year for Bengals.  Price was injured, Ross was, Jackson was, Ogbuhei was, Dennard was, Kirkpatrick was.  It's hard to find 1st Round picks who weren't injured most of Rookie year.  Sometimes they drafted knowing the guy would be out his rookie year, they did that several times.  Just about everybody I listed was injured when Bengals drafted them #1.   That's not a good thing for a franchise that has always been Paul Brown in avoiding free agents and depending on The Draft. 

I'm not scuttling the season over this, but the new coach has a major challenge now getting this team to block, a weakness the last few years. This team has stunk on blocking. It isn't Dalton. It is the no blocking. No team can win without blocking. Hopefully the guy from Bills can stay healthy at LT. That would be a start. People say we have all these good players. No we don't. If you don't have blocking, you don't have anything.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - kevin - 06-29-2019, 01:28 AM
Williams contract - Catmandude123 - 06-26-2019, 01:45 PM